Do I need a referral to make an appointment at Health Studio?
No. However, if your appointments are to be paid by a 3rd party (eg. WorkCover, Medicare or DVA) will you require a referral from your GP or specialist.
Can I claim a private health rebate for attending Health Studio?
Yes. Most private health funds recognise Exercise Physiology services. We recommend that you check with your health fund as the rebate will depend on your level of cover.
I’ve been referred to Mahn Cooke, do I need to see him or can I see one of your other Exercise Physiologists?
As the business owner, Mahn’s contact details are often on the referral letters however all the Exercise Physiologists at Health Studio specialise in exercise rehabilitation so it doesn't matter who you are booked in to see.
Do you offer gym memberships?
No. Health Studio is open by appointment only. This ensures the gym environment is personal and our clients get the attention they deserve.
I have been referred by my doctor. What should I bring along to my initial assessment?
- Any x-rays, scans and tests relevant to your visit
- A list of your current medications
- Your health fund or medicare card if applicable
- Your workers' compensation medical certificate and claim number information if applicable
- Your referral letter if you have one
- Walking shoes, clothes to exercise in and a drink bottle