Who can benefit from hydrotherapy? Why?
Hydrotherapy provides a safe environment to exercise for people who have balance or coordination problems, neurological conditions, physical or mobility impairment. It’s particularly beneficial for people who suffer from injuries or musculoskeletal conditions that are easily aggravated by weight-bearing exercises.
The warmth and buoyancy of the water can help to reduce muscle spasm, increase circulation and reduce pain.
Hydrotherapy can help to improve:
- Cardiovascular fitness
- Postural control
- Range of movement
- Function and quality of life
Some conditions that can benefit from a hydrotherapy program include:
- Arthritic pain and joint replacement
- Back pain and sciatica
- Post fracture rehabilitation with limited weight bearing ability
- Balance and coordination problems
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple Sclerosis and other neurological conditions
- Cerebral Palsy
- Brain injury
- Low vision, Hearing impaired
Types of programs
- Individual and group programs
- Children and adults
- Home visits
Where do you hold your hydrotherapy sessions?
Most of our hydrotherapy sessions are held at Kokoda Memorial Swimming Pool in Pimlico. They have a heated pool and a ramp which is great for wheelchair transfers. We do travel to other locations if requested.
Shop 17B Hyde Park Centre,
Woolcock Street, QLD 4810
WE ARE SOCIAL
• Open by appointment