Strength to Recover is a 10 week exercise program aimed at helping people who have either been diagnosed with cancer, are undergoing cancer treatment or who have recently completed treatment. The evidence based program includes both resistance and aerobic exercise and is tailored specifically to the individual needs of the participant.
People with cancer who exercise regularly may improve their survival and reduce the risk of cancer recurrence. Regular exercise can help to reduce the side effects of cancer treatment by:
- reducing the symptoms of fatique
- improving energy levels
- relieving stress, anxiety and depression
- improving physical and mental well-being
- improving quality of life
- improving strength
- improving heart and lung function
- improving balance
- reducing the risk of developing diseases such as diabetes, heart disease and osteoporosis
The Strength to Recover program has been designed by, and is exclusive to, Health Studio.
To find out how you can get involved in this great program, call Health Studio on (07) 4771 3083 or firstname.lastname@example.org